Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sophie & Carter


While other high school seniors are dreaming about their futures, Sophie and Carter are just trying to make it through each day. Carter is overwhelmed by issues at home as he struggles to support his mother. Meanwhile, next door neighbour Sophie is left to care for her three younger siblings in place of their absent and troubled mother. All that holds these two best friends together is each other, and knowing that each night they'll sit together on Sophie's front porch swing and escape from reality, if just for awhile. But as their relationship reaches a turning point and high school graduation nears, will their friendship become something more?


Totally wasn't expecting to read this last night, but I read it all in one night!  I loved this book!  It's a sad but endearing story, and I love the relationship these two have.  They've learned the hard way, that they have to rely on themselves and one another.  

Sophie has a lot to deal with, taking care of her siblings, and Carter is fighting a losing battle with his mother's mental instability.  


Very good read!  I can't believe I read it one night!!!! 

4 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I just read this too! I wasn't expecting it to be a short story. It's only 126 pages. I loaded it on my kindle before bed and I was finished in 2 hrs.

I really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy. I wanted more of the story. I want to know what happens next! I loved the connection that Sophie and Carter have.

Jess's Journal said...

I read it in about the same time. Hoping she does a follow up book for them, because would love to know what happens with them! They've been through so much, they deserve to finally have their moment of happiness!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I totally need to read this. Chelsea had her publisher send me a copy and I still haven't gotten to it. Sounds like I just better sit down and spend a night with it! Sounds like a good read!

Jess's Journal said...

I really liked it!! Was impressed that I read it one night... only about two hours! Got me totally hooked as I had to know what happened with them!!

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery