Thursday, April 4, 2013

Guest Post by Tara S. Wood, Author of Lucius: The Fallen!!!!!

Today, I have Tara S. Wood visiting the blog!!!!  She is the author of Lucius: The Fallen, which was released March 30th, 2013!!  Welcome Tara!!!


BOOK DESCRIPTION
Six angels once sat at the right hand of The Almighty, but an ill-fated decision cast them out of Heaven. Now they serve Him on Earth, slaying demons for their redemption. They are…The Fallen. 

********

“Relish this moment in My favor. It is your last.” 

Lucius, once revered at the side of God, fell to Earth with his brothers to pay penance and atone for his lapse in leadership. Wingless and forsaken, they have all paid a price for their complicity. Lucius’ hubris is now a curse, and he cannot rest until they carry out the last of The Almighty’s orders...and stop a war that has been millennia in the making.

Persephone Roberts is always in the right place at the right time, the serendipity allowing her to help people on her travels. When it leads her to cross paths with the band of hard-living fallen angels, she sets her sights on their leader, and is determined to restore Lucius’ faith in their quest. And in himself.

But the ancient evil the angels strive to fight has put Persephone in its crosshairs. It will be up to Lucius and his brothers to save her and destroy the minions of the dark. Can the amber-eyed beauty with her accepting heart heal wounds that cut soul deep, and force him to reclaim a glory he once tossed aside? Is he strong enough to realize the path back to Heaven begins with her, or will he be forever...fallen?



~~~~~~~~~

GUEST POST
Everyone has a few book titles that speak to them stay with them forever. I thought I would take a minute and share a couple of my favorites. I read across all genres. I love all kinds of books. Thrillers, romance, fantasy…I love it all.

The first book I can remember that affected me on a visceral level was Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird”. A bastion of modern fiction that has been heralded as one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century, the first time I read this book I was blown away. Lee masterfully pens a tale of innocence and love that transcended everything I thought I knew about literature. To this day, my well-loved copy holds a place of prominence among all my books.

“Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad is another one on my keeper shelf. Most people I know either haven’t read it or hated it. I love this novel. Love it with a passion. The complex play of emotions and a man’s struggle with his moral compass in an immoral world is haunting in its depth. The subtleties between Marlowe and Kurtz are characterizations that I strive to reach in my own work. It’s one of the reasons I love character studies so much. The inner conflict and turmoil will keep me turning pages long after the action is done.

“Stuart: A Life Backwards” by Alexander Masters is a contemporary English novel that chronicles the tale of an abused, mentally-ill man and his unique and self-effacing view of the world. He knows who he is, why he is the way he is, and accepts it in a heartbreaking and terrifying way. Something inside me broke when I read this for the first time. Just shattered me. Masters’ recollections of his time with Stuart is funny, endearing, yet so gut-wrenchingly sad it is impossible to read this novel and not walk away changed in some way.

I think everyone should have some Shakespeare on their shelf. For me, it’s “Othello”. This is my favorite Shakespeare play of all time. ALL. TIME. The tragic story of the mad Moor and his love that borders on obsession with his wife and the sinister machinations of betrayal and deceit never ceases to amaze me.  Every time I read it, I am awed by the sheer passion Othello has for Desdemona, and how crippling that much emotion can be.

I could go on with several other examples, but I’ll leave it here for now. Go on, tell us about your favorite books!!!


~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR BIO:
Tara Wood divides her time between creating domestic bliss and creating hot paranormal romance with the occasional side of kink. When not playing June Cleaver for her hubby and daughter, she can be found at the local Starbucks slamming back Frappuccinos and plotting out her next idea. Or she’s watching the BBC. Tara resides with her wonderful and tolerant family in the suburbs of Houston, Texas. She is currently at work on several projects, one of them being the next book in her In Blood series.







AUTHOR LINKS:
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
THE TARASHPERE
GOODREADS
AMAZON

BOOK LINKS:
AMAZON
GOODREADS

This looks like an awesome book!!!!  Can't wait to read it!!  Thanks so much for visiting the blog today Tara!!  You are welcome back anytime!!!

2 comments:

WriterTrishMarie said...

OMG I LOVE 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. It's truly one of my favorite books of all time. :D

Jess's Journal said...

It was a great book! I read it in highschool and loved it!!! King Lear was another of my favorites!!! I loved Ophelia!!

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery