Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Review of Weaver of Dreams by Brenda Sparks!!

This review coming so late is totally my fault!!  It is my birthday today, so I gave myself some clothes therapy and book therapy to celebrate!!  Here it is!!!! 


BOOK DESCRIPTION:
When guidance counselor Maggie O’Connell is plagued by terrible nightmares, she believes stress is the reason for her torment, but she couldn't be more wrong. Unfortunately for Maggie, in the shadows of her dreams lurks a Dream Stalker who is addicted to the dark emotions produced by her night terrors.

Zane, a Dream Weaver from another dimension, visits Maggie in her nighttime fantasies to discover there is more than just a Dream Stalker after her. As the man of her fantasies becomes real, Maggie’s true nightmare begins.




Holy crap!!!  Those are the first words that come to mind for this book!!!  I loved it!!!

Maggie has been cursed with nightmares.  She's tried everything she can think of to try and get rid of them, but nothing works.  She's dealing with a lot of stress at work, and thinks that is the reason for them.  She couldn't be more wrong.  There is a reason her nightmare are coming, and a reason they are so horrific!  She is being stalked by a Dream Stalker, who feeds off her fear that he puts in her dreams.  They are some scary scary dreams that he implants in her mind.  The fact that he gets enjoyment from them is shocking!!

Zane is not only a Dream Weaver, but he is a Peacemaker.  He is the one whose job it is to stalk the stalker and take care of him.  When he first realizes the evil that is taking place, he makes it known to the Council, and goes about seeking the Stalker out.  When he's found, he's surprised by who it is, but does everything in his power to try and stop him.  It proves harder then he thinks and takes him a little bit to succeed at it.  

While in desperate need of a fix, the Stalker goes into the mind of a person who is already on the edge of sanity.  By giving him such a scary dream, it causes a chain of events to happen that no one would have expected.  He unknowingly causes Maggie's life to be in danger.  

Now there is Zane.... oh baby!!!  He's beautiful!!  I would love to have a man like him to come and visit my dreams!!  

He finds himself increasingly attracted to Maggie, and that causes him to be conflicted.  He's very good at being a Peacemaker, and he loves being in his world, but his attraction is causing him to be distracted all the time.  Soon, he makes a decision that will effect his life on his world and his happiness.  He attempts to stay away, but soon realizes he can't.  The attraction between them is too strong.  

I could not stop reading this book!! It was amazing!!  From the very first page I had to know what was going to happen!  I felt horrible for Maggie having to deal with jackass ex-boyfriend who was also her boss. He liked being able to manipulate her and brow beat her into doing things he wanted.  Things he knew she wouldn't be comfortable doing at all.  I loved what was handed to him by Zane!  I thought it was perfect for him, because he was such an ass to her!  

I can't wait to read this again... just get another dose of Zane!!!  Yes... he is that smexy!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR BIO:
Brenda Sparks has always loved all things spooky and enjoys incorporating paranormal elements in her writing. She refuses to allow pesky human constraints to get in the way of telling the story. Luckily the only thing limiting her stories is her imagination. Her characters are strong, courageous, and she adores spending time with them in their imaginary world.

In real life, she is married to a loving, supportive husband and together they have one grown son who has brought much joy to their lives. Her idea of a perfect day is one spent in front of a computer with a hot cup of coffee, her fingers flying over the keys to send her characters off on their latest adventure.



AUTHOR LINKS:
WEBSITE
FACEBOOK
GOODREADS
TWITTER
AMAZON

BOOK LINKS
AMAZON
GOODREADS

2 comments:

Brenda Sparks said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and 5 daises!! I am both honored and humbled by your review, Jess!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed every moment of your special day.

Jess's Journal said...

Thanks!!! I'm just sorry I couldn't get it up a little earlier then I did!! I hate putting them up later then I want! I'm more organized then that, I swear!!!

I can wait to read more of Zane!!!!!!

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery