Saturday, December 19, 2015

Hardman by Samantha Fontien!!







Cover designed by Jade Jex @Steam Power Studios








 http://amzn.com/B018661WGU<3http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018661WGU


London has a dark side… And I’m the one who runs it…
I’m not only London’s, but also the UK’s finest.
I’m the ‘Top Man’...
I am the ‘Hardman’...
I’m an animal, untamed, uncaged...
I’m untouchable, unlovable, the way I like it.

There is only one thing that unnerves me...



My past...
‘She’ is my past and maybe... My undoing…
* This work contains Drama, Profanity and very Mature content, intended for readers 18+ *
Standalone Novella
INTERVIEW WITH SAMANTHA FONTIEN

SAM INTERVIEW
What made you write Hardman?
~ It was the one/story with the loudest voice for me. I had started two others, but this just fell out and onto the page. It was easy to write, for me, it wrote itself.
It's a step out of your normal theme, have you enjoyed it and can we expect more books in this Genre?

~ Maybe, as I absolutely loved writing it, especially his voice/grammar, as he’s not a stickler for the language rules like Duncan was. Hahaha. I've never sworn so much on paper. Hahahaha. Over 300+ F bombs related words, never mind the 70 odd C word usage. I even surprised myself, but I had to stay true to his character.


Duncan and Co, was and always will be a huge part of me and I had to follow Duncan’s rules for so long, so, it was refreshing throwing caution into the wind, hahahaha.  Even my editor at the beginning of HARDMAN's speaking, was ALL over the grammar, until she soon realised, that it was how he spoke, taking into consideration his education and his environment. In fact, when she corrects you with a sentence like this;





To say I am irked!!!! - He is PISSED OFF not irked - more Downtown Abbey than Hardman!!


... Then you know you have to watch, what Hardman say’s and how he delivers it. So yes, it was lovely not to watch my P’s and Q’s with him and I loved writing a good few of the chapters, they came out easy, so it’s defiantly something I am pondering on for the future.
And, it was my 1st, first-party POV too, as I normally do 3rd party and multi POV, so, yes, it was great fun. I do love writing the gory or fight/action scenes, and I did guns and manly stuff and so on, with the Dragonflies Trilogy. But that’s only because I like action myself. I see it as years and years of conditioning from my dad watching Cowboys and Indians and War/Espionage type films and books, Hahaha... Now, I have a ‘man brain’; I’m not a normal pinkie girl, I don’t DO pink lol.
Is there a follow on to Hardman?

~ Nope... It’s a standalone I’m afraid and... Expect more standalones from me too.

The reason for this is; because all my previous eight books (HARDMAN is my ninth,) have all been connected or entwined in some way. It was great having new people to play or talk with, as so to speak hahahaha. I am actually working on another new standalone title/story (which will hopefully be out late February or early March?) and I’m loving the freedom of new characters, although I do love my Dragonflies men and always will.

Swoon Rubin Miller, still does it for me and I love writing him, I really do.








I’m a Happily Married, MUM of 2. I LOVE Music…I should as I am the daughter Of Musicians and was reared with a guitar in one hand and a pen in the other.


<3



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery